April 2021 Vol 21 | Issue 2
Please be sure you have a copy of the magazine or can login to your subscription account before buying this course. We do not offer refunds. Courses are based on the magazine articles. Current subscribers can read the articles online by logging in to your subscription account at www.counselormagazine.com.
CE Quiz Instructions
CE Course Completion Directions:
This continuing education (CE) course consists of reading the three articles listed in the course description and brief outline above. Once you have read the articles, complete the quiz and evaluation. The posttest (quiz) and evaluation are two separate requirements and they must each be completed to receive credit. Questions are answered on a sliding scale from one to five, with one being strongly disagree and five being strongly agree. If you pass with a grade of 75 percent or above, you will automatically receive a certificate of completion for 1.5 nationally certified CE hours.
To Complete the Quiz:
After reading the indicated feature articles, complete the quiz by filling in one of the multiple choice answer bubbles. Be sure to answer all questions and to give only one response per question. Incomplete questions will be marked as incorrect.
For those requiring ADA accommodations, please contact our customer service line at 916-664-3032. The quiz can be submitted within five years of publication date and can only be submitted one time per quiz, per person.
CE Quiz Learning Objectives
Advocacy, Stigma, and the Integrity of Peer Recovery Support Services
- Describe the stigma and stigmatizing policies peer-support workers face in the workplace
- List various ways people can help recovery organizations and peer-support workers achieve their many goals
- Explain the benefits of recovery community organizations (RCOs) and what they do
- Expound on the problem of language in the recovery field and why some of it needs to be changed
A Movement for Millions: Reimagining Recovery
- Analyze Lauren’s personal story and determine what could have helped her
- Enumerate the flaws in the recovery system Americans face today
- Describe the Phoenix Model and how its principles can be utilized in other programs
- Define ways people can help bring about positive change and help the recovery movement
Practice-Based Research Networks and the National Drug Abuse Treatment Clinical Trials Network: Increasing SUD Research in Diverse Settings
- Explain why SUD research is important in primary care settings
- Define practice-based research networks (PBRNs) and their importance
- Describe the study’s findings on opioid prescribing
- List the reasons why PBRNs help reduce research challenges