June 2021 Vol 21 | Issue 3
Please be sure you have a copy of the magazine or can login to your subscription account before buying this course. We do not offer refunds. Courses are based on the magazine articles. Current subscribers can read the articles online by logging in to your subscription account at www.counselormagazine.com.
CE Quiz Instructions
CE Course Completion Directions:
This continuing education (CE) course consists of reading the three articles listed in the course description and brief outline above. Once you have read the articles, complete the quiz and evaluation. The posttest (quiz) and evaluation are two separate requirements and they must each be completed to receive credit. Questions are answered on a sliding scale from one to five, with one being strongly disagree and five being strongly agree. If you pass with a grade of 75 percent or above, you will automatically receive a certificate of completion for 1.5 nationally certified CE hours.
To Complete the Quiz:
After reading the indicated feature articles, complete the quiz by filling in one of the multiple choice answer bubbles. Be sure to answer all questions and to give only one response per question. Incomplete questions will be marked as incorrect.
For those requiring ADA accommodations, please contact our customer service line at 916-664-3032. The quiz can be submitted within five years of publication date and can only be submitted one time per quiz, per person.
CE Quiz Learning Objectives
NALGAP’s Centers of Excellence: A Higher Standard for LGBTQ Treatment
- Extrapolate on the general state of LGBTQ treatment from the data resulting from the N-SSATS
- Explain the terms “LGBTQ-inclusive” and “LGBTQ-affirmative”
- Describe various best practices for treating LGBTQ individuals
- List the traits treatment centers should have to receive NALGAP’s Center of Excellence qualification
Coming Out Loud and Proud: Treating Depression and Suicidality in LGBTQIA2+ Clients
- Describe the DSM-5’s information on gender dysphoria and its diagnosis
- Identify intense emotions related to possible suicidality LBGTQIA2+ clients may be feeling
- Devise appropriate questions to ask LGBTQIA2+ clients about their feelings on coming out
- List Cass’s six stages of coming out
Contingency Management and COVID-19: Adapting to Adversity
- Explain both reinforcement models of contingency management and how they work
- List additional risk factors individuals who use substances may face during the COVID-19 pandemic
- Describe the challenges of providing contingency management during the COVID-19 pandemic
- Provide suggestions for adapting contingency management programs to the current climate